Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sevilla


Sevilla. City of azulejos and flamenco, colorful gardens and alit steeples. Sevilla was the place everyone said I should go, and they were correct in its natural beauty.





Sevilla was where I began my solo travels, and thus began my painting. My first afternoon was whiled away, hour by hour, vino blanco by cheese baked with honey, doodling at a tapas cafe.


















In truth, the majority of my three days in Sevilla were spent walking. Walking along the river at sunset, getting lost on the way to the Mercado la Encarnacion, trying to find the church with the human skulls, and wandering amongst the roses in the Alcazar gardens (sitting only for the duration of one watercolor).

My "best in show" meal for Sevilla, came on my final night at tapas bar La Europa in the city center: Baked black cod served on a tomato puree; and goat cheese, apples, and strawberries drizzled with balsamic reduction and large rock salt.

2 comments:

  1. i love seville! i have such good memories of hanging out in the alcazar gardens. oh - i went to that flamenco bar too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, this may have to be my next trip. i have always wanted to go to sevilla. that cod looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete