Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Truffles Update



After my last truffle adventure I had plenty of leftover ganache, so I decided to make up the rest of the batch for a work pot-luck. Once the ganache is already made, truffle assembly takes almost no time at all.

At this point, I was low on the honey-balsamic toffee, so I decided to crush it together with some almonds in the food processor. If I were to make these truffles again, I would absolutely use almonds in the original recipe, as it produces more praline and is easier to work with (less sticky). Also, using a food processor for this part (versus hammer and parchment) is an incredible time-saver.

PRALINE AMENDMENT:

Combine equal parts almonds and honey-balsamic toffee in a food processor until mixed evenly and finely ground. Empty praline mixture into a small bowl. Drop ganache balls into praline bowl and roll to coat, pressing in as much praline as possible. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment